 Robotics / 20704
Re: Vision Command
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 09:37:37 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, David Laswell writes:
In lugnet.robotics, "Peter De Wachter" <petedw8t@hotmail.com> writes:
Hi,

I have the vision command product for half a year now.
It worked great on my old computer running under windows 98, but now that i
got a new one with XP it doesn't install anymore.

I know this is cause VC doesn't support XP.
Is there software for VC that can run under windows XP, and so how do i get
it?

www.lego.com/eng/service/techlist.asp?id=WindowsXP&subcategory=windowsxp&question=ques1

    According to this page, Vision Command has been tested and found to be
incompatible with XP, but they are looking at the possibility of upgrading
the software for both LEGO Studios and Vision Command (makes sense that
they'd tweak both of the camera software systems as long as they're thinking
of doing one of them).  There aren't any patches available yet.

Really? Thats odd - there is a XP patch for Studios and VC:
http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/vc/?n=211
and
http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/vc/?n=213
Thats just one of the many threads telling how to get the patch for XP.

And the lego cam works great with XP - even without the lego software. It is
just the logitech quick cam web in a purrdy Lego case. You can downlaod the
drivers for the camera on thier site:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=downloads/software&CRID=1794&contentid=5384&countryid=19&languageid=1
(sorry if it line wraps)
I actually had the Lego cam working on my XP Pro long before I got the patch
from Lego for studios.

When in doubt call Lego and ask, and use the search feature here on Lugnet.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com