 Robotics / 20371
    Re: Lego or Biscuit pc/Linux (for path following robot) —Steve Baker
   (...) Well - if you want to see a 'graphic' of (say) a circle and intend that to tell the robot to go around in a circle, you'll need a camera. The RCX isn't powerful enough to interface to a camera (although some dubious Lego adverts seem to (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego or Biscuit pc/Linux (for path following robot) —Joseph Woolley
     (...) >> (like left triangle turn left, big circle wait 10 secs etc) (...) Steve, for the most part I agree with you. However, I was thinking that a robot with two or three light sensors should be able to accomplish this task. See the following (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego or Biscuit pc/Linux (for path following robot) —Jona Jeffords
   (...) This has been done. I remember seeing a video clip of a Mindstorms robot doing just this. The builders had it on display at some sort of convention (I think). The robot followed a line that made a loop, at certain places, there were different (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego or Biscuit pc/Linux (for path following robot) —Jona Jeffords
   (...) um...a simple Google search returned the url. Go here to see this great exhibit: (URL) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics)