 Robotics / 20087
20086  |  20088
Subject:
Motorized control of the 5120 polarity switch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 16:39:29 GMT

Hi all,

I'm trying to control a polarity switch with a motor controlled by an RCX.
The position of the switch is monitored by a rotational sensor.  The problem
I am having is how far the switch moves on return to the middle 'off'
position, it tends to move way too far.  I've tried slowing down how fast
the switch moves by various gear/pully combinitions with little success.

Has any done any work on this?  Are there any istruction posted on motor
control of the polarity switch?

Thanks for your help,
Roy