 Robotics / 20067
20066  |  20068
Subject:
Inverted Pendulum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:16:37 GMT

Hi,

I just stumbled over this site
http://www.univ-valenciennes.fr/LAMIH/projets/pendule/english/index.html
and thought that may be nice pet project for myself to work on. To build
and program a robot balancing an inverted pendulum. First single, then
double... :)

Looking at the videos there is seems the bot needs quite a range to work
with, inspecially with the double pendulum.  I wonder if a shorter
distance will works as well. Also there is the question if the RCX has
enough brainpower to run the program. I did major in AI working with
artificial neural networks a long time ago, so this would be a nice
refresher for me. I'm just not sure if Lego is up to the mechanical
requirements and if the RCX (running brickOS) will be fast enough/has
enough memory to cover this task.

Did anybody try something like this before?

BB
--
It's all OK until their eyes glow red - then they insist on
taking over the world and it all ends in tears.