 Robotics / 19988
Re: H-bridge for PDA?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 01:19:41 GMT

"Jim Choate" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.33.0301071729410.15696-100000@einstein.ssz.com...
On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, MiB wrote:

Since the end of story there - I wonder if not would be possible to • make a
lego robot out of a CASIOPEIJA PDA or something the only thing that is
needed is some H-bridges for motor driving?

I have an E-125 and it will take a little more than a simple H-Bridge.
Though I agree, it would be a fine platform for doing robotics. One idea
that we've been playing around with at Hangar 18 is swarm computing. What
the basic idea is to use a PDA (we're talking Palm and PocketPC in tandem)
using 802.11b for the 'mesh' and then use the USB port to drive one of
these PIC based USB converters. This would give you a reasonable 'Geek
Port' at that point. The only question we have at this point is the
various libraries for the PDA's and the PIC's. There is a cash flow
problem at the current time due to market conditions so we are not making
a lot of progress on that front.

http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~reshko/PILOT/

i don't think that it should be too expensive to alter the directions here
for use with a pocket pc or even a PSPC
(somepeople like me got stuck with a 2nd generation one)

anyways i just thought that even the link might be interesting.

mike.