 Robotics / 19929
  Re: New RCX sensor: Wire guidance sensor

very good application-idea Philippe, and nicely implemented ! Looking at your idea, brings me on another idea. Shouldn't it be possible to build another wire-follower, consisting of just 1 wire, fed by a DC source and a measured with a Hall-sensor? (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New RCX sensor: Wire guidance sensor

Hello Stef, (...) Thanks ;o) (...) That might work, but getting a high enough field to be detected and be immune to external sources (including earth magnetic field!) would require a LARGE current, not very practical... Philo www.philohome.com (21 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New RCX sensor: Wire guidance sensor

hi Philippe, (...) Unfortunately, I think you're right :-( But if you never shoot, you won't hit anything. Stef Mientki (21 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)