 Robotics / 19769
Re: Shufflebot Concept
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 22:12:38 GMT

The problem with that is you'd have to put the mechanisms together by
putting axles over the first setup, which begins looking ugly. This is how I
achieved the first walking part:
1. Geared down motor going to two output axles.
2. Put two pulleys on output axles.
3. Connected a 1x16 Beam w/ holes to the two pulleys with 1 - 1/2 pin.

This creates a wondeful motion, but if you can have another leg on the same
side come down when the other is going up, you increase the speed. Adding a
third increases it even more. You would not suffer much torque loss, because
only one beam will be touching the floor and moving the robot forward at a
time. Hope i didn't confuse you guys :)

Well, if you can do one, how about if you put two of these right next to
each other?  I'm sure you'd want one to be a mirror of the other, to put
them closer together...

I don't know if three would work as well.

Maybe you could have one that's stationary, and two that move (one on each
side)