 Robotics / 19768
Re: Shufflebot Concept
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 20:56:43 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Joshua Entz writes:
Is there any way to make a shuffling (stompbot) drive where three shufflers
are used on each side. When one goes up, the other two go down, and when
those two go up the other one goes down. This is used to provide locomotion.
The best example of this type of drive would be the old Son of
Whyachi/Whyachi from Battlebots. Anyone have any ideas? (I already have
figured out how to get one leg on each side walking along)

Well, if you can do one, how about if you put two of these right next to
each other?  I'm sure you'd want one to be a mirror of the other, to put
them closer together...

I don't know if three would work as well.

Maybe you could have one that's stationary, and two that move (one on each side)