 Robotics / 19729
Re: searching for an Invention Kit for sale.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:00:36 GMT

"KRISTOF Imola" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
I live in Hungary and it's quite hard to find a used invention kit (the
new one is too expensive for me).
[snip]
The new one may be cheaper than you think. Lego seem to be selling all their
old Robotics Invention System 1.5 sets cheap. I bought one in the German
lanuage (I'm a native English speaker, but they had none left in English)
for £85 from Lego Shop @ Home - that's half the usual price and about 30%
less than used sets sell for on EBay (not that EBay is the cheapest place in
the world!). They had sets left in a number of languages when I called (two
weeks ago) so they may still have some in the less popular languages - as
you already have the software and instructions the language of the set
shouldn't really matter.

If Shop @ Home deliver to Hungary, I suggest you call Shop @ Home Europe
(the number is on shop.lego.com) and ask to speak to customer services and
ask if they have any RIS 1.5 sets left in any language, and at what price.

Tim