 Robotics / 19642
19641  |  19643
Subject:
Robolab - lejOS communication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 00:31:05 GMT

Hi all,
    we are working on our final thesis using lego mindstorms. Our goal is to
implement a neural network using the backpropagation algorithm. This neural
network will then be used with a webcam for pattern recognition and
classification.

The architecture will be composed of some lejOS 2.0 classes implementing the
neural network in the RCX and Robolab 2.5 using the vision commands in the
PC.

The problem we have is about the communication between Robolab and lejOS. We
are studying how Robolab should send information to the RCX (coded images)
using the serial IR. Robolab works with the standard lego firmware. As far
as we know there are some classes in lejOS 2.0 like F7Handler and
F7DeliveryHandler to keep compatibility with the original firmware but we
are not sure what will be the best method to implement this kind of
communication. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Mario Sassone