 Robotics / 19511
  Re: articulation points?

(...) Here I go, tossing my 2 cents in to the fray: I would say that any differential drive on a flat surface has 3 DOF: -Assume it drives along the X axis (thats 1) -it can rotate around the Z axis (2 now) -once it rotates it can drive along the y (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Re: articulation points?

(...) Exactly. Another way to look at DOF is that it is the number of things that have to be specified to define a particular configuration of the system. In other words how many RCX outputs does it take to drive. Another thing to keep in mind is (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)