 Robotics / 19445
Re: Lego Technic: R.I.P. ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:10:20 GMT

Laszlo Meszaros (ETH) wrote:
LEGO _is_ educational, whether they want to admit it or not.  :)

Xactly.

This statement was originally told about the media (television)
and I'm not sure if my English translation is correct: "Give
people things they should be interested in, not what they are
interested in."

The point is that the only reason parents buy junk like Galidor
when there are much cheaper toys that do pretty similar things is
that these have "LEGO" written on them - and we have this enduring
memory that LEGO==Educational - so it must be good for our kids to
have it.

As soon as that association is broken - in some future generation,
Lego is out of business.

HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net
            http://tuxkart.sf.net http://prettypoly.sf.net