 Robotics / 19400
    RIS2.0 and XP —Guido Heunen
   I successfully installed RIS 2.0 on a Windows XP system. However, whenever I restart XP the RIS2.0 software wants to startup. There is an option in Win98 (startup directory) to switcdh this auto start off. I looked for this in XP and Can not find (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RIS2.0 and XP —Rob Hendrix
     This happened to me on Windows 2000. Here's how I aleviated the problem: Be sure to always backup you're registry before changing ANYTHING in it. Run Regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\S...ersion\Run and delete the entry (I am at work-can't (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RIS2.0 and XP —Chris 'Xenon' Hanson
     (...) Get this program: (URL) You won't regret it. You'll be astonished how much junk is probably running at startup that you don't need or want. (...) Chris - Xenon (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RIS2.0 and XP —Robert Fay
     Click on "Start:" then "Run" and type "msconfig" and click "OK". Select the "startup" tab and look for the RIS program and un -check the box. Click on "apply " and "ok" and restart the computer. A box will appear indicating that you have changed the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RIS2.0 and XP —Jamie Dunn
   (...) Another suggestion someone provided to me for XP is as follows: Under the start key, goto Help & Support Select the category "Built in Product Assistance & Maintenance" Click "Adjust your startup resources to improve performance" Click Next (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)