 Robotics / 19264
  Re: LEGO MindStroms 2.0: Alternative transmission techniques

(...) Well, there are MANY difficult problems here. 1) Communications. The RCX uses IR - which is pretty much line-of-sight only - so as soon as your robot drives under a table or around a corner, it'll have to navigate by itself, record all the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO MindStroms 2.0: Alternative transmission techniques

(...) Or forbid tables etc. and communicate by reflection on the ceiling. (...) Right. Some markings on the floor can make it easier. (...) I can't imagine you never heard of leJOS ((URL) definitely runs Java on the RCX. (...) I'd also suggest to (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics)