 Robotics / 19110
Re: Following the Line Follower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:57:27 GMT

There's a contest coming up in Seattle in a couple weeks, where this
information could be very useful.

http://www.workshop3d.com/rcx/index.htm

However, if you have a really good robot design or program, please DON'T
enter it.  I'm hoping to win some more cool prizes.

Fortunately, I'm too far away from Seattle. Good luck!

Actually, I've entered the last couple events, but I have not yet made the 2000 mile trip to Seattle!  (I'm sure it's farther from Singapore)

Last time, I boxed up a couple LEGO robots and shipped them out there.  The time before, I just sent a line-following program.  They have a couple different classes, including one using a very nice 'standard' line following robot where you just send in a program (and they ship you the prizes).

Ray (who runs the event) will even find someone to run your robot, if you ship it out there (thanks David).

If you do choose to enter the code-only event, you can build the standard robot using a single RIS, and test it, before you send the program to them.

Steve