 Robotics / 19104
RE: ir cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:13:24 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco Correia [mailto:marco@soporcel.pt]

Both thoughts could open the door to using the RCX for CIR
(Consumer IR) applications.  (Have the RCX turn on a stereo
or TV when you enter the room... make a sound level sensor to
adjust the volume on the TV/Stereo during commercials).  Not
to mention it would be really cool to use one RCX to issue
commands to a Spybotic, a Mana, another RCX, and a Scout via
using the normal message codes or by changing the protocol
on the fly.

Well, as I think you know, it's already possible with
standard RCX2 firmware to control Manas and SPybotics. :)

I haven't yet looked into what control capabilities exist with RCX2.  All I've
gathered (and I could be way off base) is that it can only mimick the various
LEGO IR remote control devices.  What I meant was an ability to have one RCX act
as a "PC with IR tower" for the various smart devices and/or act as a remote for
the others.

Could a master RCX have a set of program routines in memory (or generate them on
the fly) to replace routines on other RCX's and then issue the remote control
command to start/stop those programs as needed?  Could it then issue a command
to a Spybotic or Mana?  Could it then send a message to a Scout?