 Robotics / 19049
  Re: Voltage Sensor

(...) I presume you're using a 12V lead-acid or NiCd battery. As the battery discharges, the output voltage drops, slowly at first but then faster when it gets close to being empty. By the time it reaches, say, 10V, it's time to recharge it. So when (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Voltage Sensor

(...) Thanks Peter, Yes, it was brought to my attention that the useful portion of a 12V battery is at the top end of the voltage range. I don't think I thought about it to be honest - I guess the learning curve just keeps pointing up at this stage. (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Voltage Sensor

Hello, (...) This is a really interesting idea. Make sure to allow a current of roughly 10% of the Z-Diode's maximum rating, even for the lowest battery voltage you are interested in. Then you will have little effect of the pullup or the variation (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)