 Robotics / 19047
Re: Replacement RCX Cost?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 02:32:19 GMT

Rob's suggestion of calling the LEGO Outlets is the best bet. The
Dawsonville, Georgia store has a bunch of the 9709, which is the 1.0 RCX
(external jack version) brick only. Last time I picked some up they were
around $60.

jt

In lugnet.robotics, Rob Doucette writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Terry King writes:
Our school has to replace two RCX's that 'walked'
last year. Any better price around than $199
at Pitsco??

Thanks!

Assuming all you need is the brick and not the entire RIS, there are new
v1.5 and v2.0 RCX bricks on BrickLink at:
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemType=P&i=884&c=3
for less than $90.  You may also want to try the various LEGO stores listed
in the side bar of:
http://news.lugnet.com/market/shopping/
for the 9709 v1.0 RCX which is available from Pitsco for $119 + S&H:
http://www.pldstore.com/pitsco2_30/finditem.cfm?itemid=497

-Rob.