 Robotics / 18968
    Re: RCX simulator ? —Andy Gombos
   (...) Great! You will have to implement all the firmware calls though, or at least emulate thier function (it has to exist, though not necissarily do something) (...) With leJOS, I had a set of source files that described all the methods and fields, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX simulator ? —Stef Mientki
     (...) good idea, I've to search more, but here is one (URL) What language are you planning on using? Delphi, but the PIC simulator I'm building can accept "devices" (the RCX is just a device) in DLLs, so in fact it could be written in any language. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: RCX simulator ? —James Matthews
   (...) Actually, not really - if it is a true simulator, then all that will be needed is a ROM dump of the RCX. Then all that is required is a emulator with the Hitachi chip, you'd be using the LEGO codebase itself. Making it much more reliable too! (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX simulator ? —Trevyn Watson
   Here are Kekoa Proudfoot's instructions on how to get a ROM image: (URL) some explanations/descriptions of various stuff (i don't understand it) can be found on Kekoa's RCX Internals page: (URL) (click on "rom image") (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)