 Robotics / 18956
    Blown up RCX? —Remko Roodselaar
   Hi, all. It appears that I have done something the RCX didn't expect :| When trying to connect my third party 9V, 1A powersupply to my RCX again*, after having it out briefly, I may have misplaced the wires inside the battery compartment and tried (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Blown up RCX? —Bastiaan van Kesteren
   I did something like this to my own RCX, and he wasn't very happy whit it too ;-) switching the polarity blows the rcx! In my case, the fuse was broken. You must open the RCX, and take of the cover. The fuse is located near the bottom, by the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Blown up RCX? —Remko Roodselaar
   (...) Bedankt, Bas! Shorting the 1.5 A fuse fixed the problem for now. I hope nothing else broke/will break. I've read, that the fuse appears not necessary since the RCX can endure more than 1.5 A... I'll keep everyone posted! Greetz, Remko (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)