 Robotics / 18957
Re: Blown up RCX?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 20:08:01 GMT

I did something like this to my own RCX, and he wasn't very happy whit it
too ;-)
switching the polarity blows the rcx!

In my case, the fuse was broken. You must open the RCX, and take of the
cover. The fuse is located near the bottom, by the capacitors. It’s a tiny
white thing, and there’s “1,5” printed on it. You should  jumper this fuse
and try or the RCX works then. If it does, then it is the fuse.
(after that, I've placed a 'normal' 1.5A fuse in place of this broken fuse,
just to be sure.)

-Bas

In lugnet.robotics, Remko Roodselaar writes:
Hi, all.
It appears that I have done something the RCX didn't expect :|
When trying to connect my third party 9V, 1A powersupply to my RCX again*,
after having it out briefly, I may have misplaced the wires inside the
battery compartment and tried to turn on the RCX. Because now my RCX won't
respond to pressing the On/Off button anymore, even with normal batteries in.

What could have caused this?
What could have broken?
How do I find the problem?

*) note: I have had the RCX running on that supply for a months on end.

Regards,
Remko