 Robotics / 18942
Re: RCX to RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 21:44:21 GMT

The answer very much depends on what you are using as a programming
environment. The simple answer for NQC is Message(). I've used this very
simple interface to do exactly what you describe needing. It is covered in
NQC's accompanying documentation. I would recommend switching the RCXs'
transmit power levels to low however. They will be in close proximity (I
assume) and it saves on battery life. I have noticed that the IR comms
bounces around the surfaces of adjacent bricks quite nicely without needing
any special consideration for RCX to RCX alignment.

JB

In lugnet.robotics, "Guest, Benjamin" <Benjamin.Guest@Trinity.edu> writes:
I hope I am using this mailing system correctly. I am a first time user. =
I have one question to ask right now:  Will someone point me in the =
right direction for instructions on RCX to RCX communication.  I would =
like to encorporate 2 RCX bricks into one robot to increase the number =
of sensor and motor ports.

Thanks,
Benjamin Guest