 Robotics / 18896
  Re: Use RCX motor output to switch devices

(...) Can't I secure my circuit against this 'switch', or even use it to achieve the same with output in both directions: by using diodes for example? I have tried to model something like that in software called "Crococlips" (screenshot: (URL) >To (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Use RCX motor output to switch devices

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Use RCX motor output to switch devices

In response to the following, Ran Talbot e-mailed me. (...) "A "full-wave bridge rectifier" (as used in AC-to-DC power supplies) will do that nicely. I believe some of the Lego "active" sensors do this. I don't know if anyone makes an AC (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Use RCX motor output to switch devices

Also, in the meantime I have built quite an attractive solution using a small relay, that has been built into a Lego 'mailbox'. I will post a little tutorial on my site on building it, because I am rather charmed by the simplicity and robustness of (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Tutorial: use RCX motor output to switch devices / build your own interface

(...) I hope this tutorial will give you some good ideas of your own too! It can be found here: (URL) please e-mail me with your comments or mistakes in the tutorial, or post it here. Have fun, Remko (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics)