 Robotics / 18812
RE: Bricklink Cart Operation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:33:29 GMT

If you are using it wrong, then I've made the same error countless times.  It
frustrated me enough that I barely use it.

The cart is probably a temporary session variable or cookie and most likely is
"per store", as you suspect.

Besides adding a "wish list", it would be a great help if you could build a
"shopping list" that could then become the search/match criteria (including your
geographic location).  The objective would be to find stores to do as much "one
stop shopping" from as possible.  This could also make searching the site less
tedious, from a shopping point of view.

It should be noted that Bricklink is great for what it was originally designed
to do, which is bridge people looking for parts with people willing to sell
parts on a per-piece basis or in customized bulk quantities.  The database(s)
were very well thought out and very detailed.

-Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Watson [mailto:mtnviews@earthlink.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 12:17 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Bricklink Cart Operation

I have a feeling I'm not quite using Bricklink in the right way.
I put several things in my shopping cart in Bricklink the other day
until I could get some help on finding another item.
Today I looked in my cart and it was empty. Doesn't the
cart stay filled until I'm ready to order?
I'm beginning to suspect each store has its own cart, and I need to go
to a specific store to look at my cart instead of it being some general
cart for all stores. If so, how do I recall what stores I ordered from?

--
      Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet), Nevada City,
CA

                      "My Enron accountants tell me I'm only 39."

                        Web Page: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>
           Imaginarium Museum: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews/imaginarium.html>