 Robotics / 18747
  I received a virus email today...

I wouldn't have brought it up, but the subjectline and the filename were of interest. Subject: End HTML code for Lego Mindstorms WebRing attachment name: Husby.bat & online-on[1].jpg The batch file contain klez, so you guys watch out. -Rob (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I received a virus email today...

(...) I get copies of Klez regularly, not from LEGO people. They're sent in emails with snippets of HTML code as the subject. For example, a subject 'cellpadding' or 'marginheight.' Just checked Norton today and I have 70 copies of Klez (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

"Rob Hendrix" <rob.removebeforesen...msltc.org> wrote in message news:H1FK2G.Cu5@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) I get tones of those every day. They grab email addresses from people's caches and whatnot and then fake out email to make them look more (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I received a virus email today...

(...) I get a bunch of bounces from mail servers claiming I'm infected with Klez - but I'm running Linux - so I *know* that I'm not really the sender. They just fake your email address and use it as the 'ReplyTo' so they don't get swamped with the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I received a virus email today...

Actually, the email wasn't from Dean, or Husby. That was only the name of the file. What was coincidental was the fact that it mentioned Lego Mindstorms, WebRing, and Husby all at the same time... Rob "Steve Baker" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)