 Robotics / 18708
  Re: Gyroscopes That Don't Spin Make It Easy to Hover

[This is *WAY* off-topic - but it can't go un-answered] (...) I'm not convinced. My father built and flew these contraptions and even with gyro's, they are extremely unforgiving flying machines. The big problem with RC helicopters is that you *will* (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Gyroscopes That Don't Spin Make It Easy to Hover

(...) [SNIP] (...) tweaking (...) don't (...) well. [SNIP] (...) I don't doubt the cost of these hobbies are expensive and even expert controllers have their (expensive) crashes. And I think of the gyros as only a sensor. But what you do with that (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Gyroscopes That Don't Spin Make It Easy to Hover

(...) [...] Steve, to put this on-topic: Flybots / HoverBots ;) here's more taken from the same article: "[...] Rogelio Lozano, a roboticist at the National Center for Scientific Research in France, said he reprogrammed his Draganflyer to take off, (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Gyroscopes That Don't Spin Make It Easy to Hover

(...) Well, this is new technology. It's the kind of stuff if you used, your dad would tell you "son, back in the day, we flew helis with only ONE gyro, and it was mechanical, and helicopters were a lot harder to fly back then." The gyros the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)