 Robotics / 18605
  RE: Brainstorms

Elijah has IMHO a nice starting point for a series of modules for Robotics. My extensions, would be based upon a common addressing system ala Dalas Semi 1 wire. This allows for simple stacking of 1wire devices. Compiler/Interpreter keeping track of (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Brainstorms

(...) Ooh - I'd forgotten the Dallas Semiconducter 1-wire interface - that would work out really well. Do Dallas still make a bunch of interesting devices for that standard? (...) I2C has ROM and RAM devices that plug right into the I2C bus. I think (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Brainstorms

I2C devices are *tiny* because they don't need many pins. If you look at the CPU chip inside the RCX, it's 4cm long and 2cm wide - that's because it has thirty-some I/O pins on it. An I2C device typically needs two pins for power and ground, a (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  SV: Brainstorms

There is a description including PCB and parts list of how to make an RCX to I2C interface in the Elector Electronics magazine No. 309,APRIL 2002: (URL) overview: I2C Interface for Lego RCX 'Brick' (Parts List) It has, by now, become well known that (...) (22 years ago, 31-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  i2c protocol with the rcx (was Brainstorms)

Hi, I tested the RCX-to-I2C-board from Elector Electronics. I think it's very good for educating and experimenting where the user learns very much about the protocol and function of the i2c bus. (...) Yes, it's right .... you can use the RCX to (...) (22 years ago, 31-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)