 Robotics / 1859
Re: (long) Rotation Sensor from "Extreme Creatures" Fiber Optics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 23:25:45 GMT

Several list members have asked for instructions on making a simple
rotation sensor using the standard Mindstorms light sensor coupled to the
light / fiber optic gizmo that comes in the "Extreme Creatures" add-on set.

I might not have read your goal right.  I might be missing somthing.  I was
able to connect the light/fiber gizmo up to the input port.  Every time the
axel spun 1/8 of a turn i would recieve a 79 value.  The light would light
and it works great.  I am able to sense 1/8ths of a turn without a light
sensor and using just one input port.

is this already well known?
Dan