 Robotics / 18561
  New and question about joysticks

Hello, I'm completely new to Mindstorms and planning to construct/program that is "wheelchair-like". I'm hoping to control it with a joystick from the PC, and program it in java. I wondered if a) is this possible to communicate with the joystick via (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New and question about joysticks

Hi Catherine, You can use a digital joystick connected to the parallel port and use the Java Communications API to access it from Java. hardware info: (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)