 Robotics / 18531
Re: Mechanical Indexing Drives
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 15:48:45 GMT

"Nick Tarleton" <jp_prongs@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:GzwyvF.16K@lugnet.com...

Iain Hendry wrote:

Has anyone done any type of indexing drive, say, where a carousel is
driven intermitently, with dwell, from a continuously-rotating input
shaft?

    Iain

I haven't, but it sounds good. You could use a touch or light sensor to
read data off a disk. (If you're crazy, you could write a Linux block
device driver for it.)

Well, of course... I guess my question was more or less meaning has anyone
done similar to the units offered by CAMCO or Sankyo (indexing turntables).
Or a geneva wheel.

I've done several automation projects where I've used touch sensors and a
separate drive to control a table - but I'd like to do a pick and place
automation with lifting/rotating on one continuously-rotating input drive.

    Iain