 Robotics / 18499
18498  |  18500
Subject:
Walking forrestmachine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:37:03 GMT

This might not have much to do with Lego robotics but who knows? :)

http://www.plustech.fi/Walking1.html

From the site:
"The walking machine adapts automatically to the forest floor.
Moving on six articulated legs, the harvester advances forward
and backward, sideways and diagonally. It can also turn in
place and step over obstacles. Depending on the irregularity of
the terrain, the operator can adjust both the ground clearance of
the machine and the height of each step."

Pity there is only two videos of the machine.

//Harri Manni
-"Do not take life too seriously.You will never get out alive."