 Robotics / 18498
18497  |  18499
Subject:
Lego Scanner Version 1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 06:32:19 GMT

Its done! My first big LegOS project. After two failed attempts (one
time WinLNP stopped me, the other time, problems with the design) I
finally have a working scanner. This was inspired by the other scanners
on the internet, if I had the links handy I would give them. With the
gearing on both the scanner head and the side, horizontal resolution
will max out at about 640 pixels when I'm done. The computer end of the
software is writtin in VB.NET, and has a very bare bones implemenation
of LNP going (basic integery packets, not checking checksums). Version 2
will use the full resolution possible from the scanner, both
horizontally and vertically. Once I'm done with the software, I'll post
it on my (non-existant as of yet) web site. I have pictures up at
brickshelf at:

But since I just became a member, they're not public yet. I'll possibly
make an ldraw model of the scanner once I'm done with the software,
would anyone be interested in that? That was one problem I had, none of
the sites had that much detail about the gearing on the two scanner
supports. This is my first project out side of bump-and-turn robots, and
I've had the mindstorms kit for awhile. Anyway, I hope this interests
someone, and I hope my rambling didnt run anyone off.

Matt

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED:

1.  Content-Type: text/html;