 Robotics / 18394
  Fwd: Re: RCX to PDA (Answers, please :-)

I've done exactly this for palms, see (URL) > From: "Bluey" <Wolf_and_eagle@spam...yahoo.com> (...) This isn't done by changing the baud rate, but by bypassing all SIO hardware in the palm and directly generating all frequencies in software (by (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Fwd: Re: RCX to PDA (Answers, please :-)

Please pardon my ignorance but, do your files have to be integrated into the program to communicate with the RCX? (Provided that Palms have com ports,) Would it be possible to create a program that would create a virtual COM port for programs to (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Fwd: Re: RCX to PDA (Answers, please :-)

(...) No, the pbrick library is a seperate shared palmos library forming something like a driver. (...) The receive routine hreavily depends on the data format used for sending and it can only receive data directly after having sent data. This is (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Fwd: Re: RCX to PDA (Answers, please :-)

I know palm isn't a Ipaq ;-) What I eventually want to do, is have a virtual com port for my ipaq, so I can run NQC (and eventually BrickOS) on my Ipaq without changing the programs. Tim (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)