 Robotics / 18386
Re: RCX to PDA (Answers, please :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:53:56 GMT

If you can find software on the net that allows you to use your Ipak as a remote control, then I'm sure it can be converted for the RCX.  I don't believe you will.

I also don't know much about Pocket PC 2002.

Anyone?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bluey" <Wolf_and_eagle@spamblock.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:45:41 GMT
To: lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: RCX to PDA (Answers, please :-)

I also read somewhere that there might be a way to change the frequency,
possibley by increasing the "baud rate"?
I know that there is a way (at least on Palms) to change the frequency, because
I downloaded a Remote Control program that would learn the signals from the
actual remote. In its settings, it had different frequencies.

Could there be a way to recompile a compiler to work on "Microsoft Pocket PC
2002."

Tim

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug writes:
some answers:
1) No.  I don't know a lot about the IR port, but this question comes up often.  And the answer's the same.  I believe they use different frequencies.

5) A short time ago, I went looking for this exact thing.  I wanted to be able to compile LegOS programs using WinCE.  (I assume that's the OS) All the cross-compilers seemed to say the same thing: "Works under all versions of Windows.  **Except WinCE**"