 Robotics / 18367
  Re: Rechargeable batteries and the RCX

Thanks to all that responded to my questions regarding batteries. I was concerned about a post I read in rec.toys.lego in which someone reported problems after switching to alkaline rechargeable batteries (the post can be seen at the following URL): (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Rechargeable batteries and the RCX

(...) Well, all Alkaline batteries (rechargeable or not) do this if left in equipment in a discharged state. Both NiMH and rechargeable alkalines have a limited life and have to be discarded sooner or later. Some of the older ones claimed to be good (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)