 Robotics / 18282
Re: Ant pheromones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:28:34 GMT

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Jonathan Spitz wrote:

As I wrote in my last mail I'm planing to build a system for robots guidance
and communication similar to ants. I can't get a big enough paper and I
can't paint my floor so anyone has an idea of how to 'draw' a path without
damaging my floor. The idea of using lego pieces is good but the robot could
accidentaly move them and miss the path.

Is your floor carpet or hard? Makes a diff.

Have it dispense reflective stickers on the floor every so far. Then
when you're done playing just peel them up. You could even go around and
peel them up to emulate the evaporation of the pheremone.

If the floor is hard, then use something that is optically transparent but
opaque either in IR or UV (it would help if it was water soluble so you
could mop it up when done).

              When I die, I would like to be born again as me.

                                            Hugh Hefner
     ravage@ssz.com                                         www.ssz.com
     jchoate@open-forge.org                          www.open-forge.org