 Robotics / 18239
    Re: Navigation using landmarks (Was: Re: lasers and RCX) —PeterBalch
   This thread seems to have been going on for such a while I've forgotten where it started. Was the original question: how does my robot know where it is in a room? Has anyone suggested ultrasonic (or audio) "beacons" in each corner of the room? The (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Navigation using landmarks (Was: Re: lasers and RCX) —Steve Baker
   (...) So with the speed of sound being something like 300 meters/second, sounds spaced 100mSec apart would travel about 30 meters before the next sound started. That's a pretty reasonable distance. If you could measure the arrival time to within (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)