 Robotics / 18226
  Friction on Rotation Sensor

Hi, All. I'm having a problem with a rotation sensor and I was wondering if somebody already solved that. I have 2 rotation sensors. One of them works fine. The other one works well as a sensor but the rotating axle has considerable friction. Since (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Friction on Rotation Sensor

Here is a picture of the internals of the Rotation sensor. I don't know if this will help you. (URL) Fay THE SHOP (URL) Vianna" <mauro_vianna@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GyA4r2.612@lugnet.com... (...) somebody (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Friction on Rotation Sensor

Hi Mauro, Am Dienstag, 25. Juni 2002 22:54 schrieb Mauro Vianna: ... (...) ... the same for me. I thought of sending it back to the german distributor of Lego DACTA from where I got mine. Regards, Michael. (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Friction on Rotation Sensor

(...) I'd describe the problem to LEGO customer service, they'll probably replace it. Jürgen (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Friction on Rotation Sensor

Are you sure it is the sensor itself? We have found that the axis is often "off" a bit from canonical LEGO spacing, and if built into a structure, binds quite a bit. But if you assemble it so that the body (blue) of the sensor can "float" with (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Friction on Rotation Sensor

Yes, Gregory, I'm sure. When I mention the sensor I mean the whole thing, not only the eletronics part. I tested both sensors and I tried to tilt the axle to test the behaviour you mentioned. After playing with it a little, it seens the casing don't (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)