 Robotics / 18186
Re: Compass or Gyro
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 22:33:09 GMT

About the most economical way to install a compass is the Dinsmore analog unit.
It has two analog outputs which you will need to do some serious processing
on, they aren't sin and cos, so you have to do a sort of arctan and then
lookup table correction. The device is mechanical so it has some serious
limitations.

At the moment, it is the only choice I know of (in the US), since the Vector
module has been withdrawn.

JB

DerekRiley <rileyd@wartburg.edu> wrote:
I am building a six legged robot to emulate an ant, and I need a good way to
tell what direction it is facing.  I am using a Handy Board with an
extension board, and I don't want to spend too much.  I have looked at
compasses and gyros, but I am not sure what will work best for me.  Thanks