 Robotics / 18177
Help: USB IR Tower driver crashes my Windows XP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:03:44 GMT

I have installed the USB IR Tower driver following LEGO instructions on
Windows XP.  But every time, Windows XP will hang when any software trys to
communicate with the IR tower through the USB port

The software that make my Windows XP crashes includes:

LEGO USB Tower control Panel
RIS 2.0 software
Bricx Command Center

I have removed the driver, and reinstalled it several times already, and
Windows XP still crashes.  The only way out is to turn the power OFF on the PC.

I have a Dell Precision Workstation 530, with 4 USB ports. There are two USB
controllers and they are Intel 82801BA/BAM Univeral Host Controllers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.