 Robotics / 18159
RE: intro and question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:00:12 GMT

I wondered why they included NQC in the Ada/Mindstorms distribution so I
d/led all 26MB or so and tried it out.  In turns out that they compile
the ADA code into NQC code.  They they run NQC over that to produce code
which runs on the RCX.

It offers a nice comparison between the two.  Here is both versions of a
function included in the sample test file the ada/mindstorms stuff.

Enjoy

/*************** Ada/Mindstorms

procedure Turn (Direction : in     Integer ) is
   begin
      if Direction = Left then
         Output_Off(Output => Left_Wheel);
         Output_Power(Power  => Power_Low, Output => Right_Wheel);
         Output_On_Forward(Output => Right_Wheel);
         Wait(Hundredths_Of_A_Second => 100);
         Output_Off(Output => Right_Wheel);
      else --right
         Output_Off(Output => Right_Wheel);
         Output_Power(Output => Left_Wheel,Power  => Power_Low);
         Output_On_Forward(Output => Left_Wheel);
         Wait(Hundredths_Of_A_Second => 100);
         Output_Off(Output => Left_Wheel);
      end if;
   end Turn;