 Robotics / 1815
Re: Slightly off topic - How to access game port & joystick from Visual Basic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 17:57:52 GMT

The Microsoft site does have an excellent example of joystick programming
for Visual Basic.  Go to the VB start page and examine the downloads.  There
are about one hundred listed including the joystick example.  The MS site
does change frequently .  If you are unable to find the program, mail me off
group and I will send you the program.

Bill Graney
Collegeville, PA 19426
-----Original Message-----
From: Laurentino Martins <lau@mail.telepac.pt>
To: Don Hewitt <donhewitt@worldnet.att.net>
Cc: Lego-Robotics <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Date: Saturday, December 26, 1998 6:38 AM
Subject: Re: Slightly off topic - How to access game port & joystick from
Visual Basic

At 03:14 26-12-1998 Saturday , you wrote:
Does anyone know how to access a joystick from Visual Basic?  I've • searched
MS's documentation, and can only find joystick references for C & JAVA.

I don't know if this is helpful, probably not, but if it was in C++ I would
tell you to give a look at the Multimedia extensions "mmsystem.h" and
"winmm.lib".

Laurentino Martins   *<||:-)

[mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt]
[http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/]