 Robotics / 18126
  Re: lasers and RCX

Hi, Dan I remember that thread. But I don't remember anything concrete about that. I started a small project of mine at the time based on that. I have an sugestion for you. Focus on the problem, not the solution. What do you want to do exactly? (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Navigation using landmarks (Was: Re: lasers and RCX)

(...) I've played quite a bit with this kind of problem (although I put the reflector on the robot and the laser in the corner of the room - but that's another story). What's needed is a "RetroReflector" - which is to say, an object that always (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Navigation using landmarks (Was: Re: lasers and RCX)

Hi, Steve I thought about most of your solutions (sphere, bycicle and 3 mirrors). Unfortunatelly I came to the same conclusions. The funny part is that my alternative nav system was very similar to yours. But it was based on a line, not a ? shape. (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Navigation using landmarks (Was: Re: lasers and RCX)

(...) I looked into several patterns. What would be ideal would be something which you could drive across along any straightline path and get back your direction and position from the pattern of dark and light. It seems rather unlikely that such a (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Navigation using landmarks (Was: Re: lasers and RCX)

(...) which (...) direction (...) Somebody in this list already tried a pattern with 4 colors. If you can have all your floor covered with squares with 4 distinct colors, you can detect your aproximate position and direction. Unfortunatelly that (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Navigation using landmarks (Was: Re: lasers and RCX)

(...) Reducing the rotation sensor speed will probably get things worse: precision loss (less ticks per turn) and _more_ lost counts (see www.philohome.com/se...gorot.htm) Philo www.philohome.com (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Navigation using landmarks

(...) Mauro, sorry if it is obvious (I am anovice here) you could connect the two wheels' axles to a differential (reverse one of the rotations). If the differential's body is stationary, the two wheel are rotating at same speed. (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Navigation using landmarks (Was: Re: lasers and RCX)

(...) I don't want to cover the entire floor - just place a *few* of these things on the floor as landmarks. The idea is that the robot would run over one of these things, figure out exactly where it is (both position and heading) - and then use (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.robotics)