 Robotics / 1797
RE: PipeXplorer
Newsgroups:
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 16:32:52 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: CyberUser [SMTP:CyberUser@mksftwre.demon.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 1998 4:18 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: PipeXplorer

In message <4.1.19981223125736.00a090f0@195.61.90.220>, Laurentino
Martins <lmartins@marktest.pt> writes
Anybody ever seen a similar project?

Yes - check out Gantenbrink's robot which was used to explore shafts
inside the Giza pyramid. This one cost a lot of money though! It had to
travel about 200 feet with only about 8 inch cross-section. You might
get some ideas for the expanding structure and treads though.

It also had a colour camera with zoom on it and a laser pointer to shine
into cracks.
Anyone know how of a small legal video transmitter of sensible price to
avoid a cable? The actual camera can be CCD a few centimetres square so
that is not a problem.

Dennis

--
CyberUser