 Robotics / 17851
Re: Differential?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 10:07:50 GMT

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Ryan Humes) writes:

Was wondering if anyone knows of a way to drive 2 axles together.
What i mean is, using 2 motors and a differential or some other
gear mechanism have them both move forward, both backward, or in
opposite directions.  I'm sure this has been done before but I can
not figure out how.

This is the famous dual differential, which was probably done first by
Leo Dorst.  Take a look at what he calls the "adder/subtractor device"
at

    http://carol.wins.uva.nl/~leo/lego/

Fredrik
--