 Robotics / 17813
Re: Differential?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 17:07:08 GMT

Thanks, I'm going to test out the Adder-Subtractor as soon as i get my hands
on a second differential.  Looks like that will do the trick.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Baker" <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
To: "Lego Robotics" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 3:27 PM
Subject: Re: Differential?

Ryan Humes wrote:

Was wondering if anyone knows of a way to drive 2 axles together.  What
i mean is, using 2 motors and a differential or some other gear mechanism
have them both move forward, both backward, or in opposite directions.  I'm
sure this has been done before but I can not figure out how.

I think the thing you are talking about is an 'adder-subtractor' • mechanism.

Something like this:

   http://carol.wins.uva.nl/~leo/lego/diff.html

If you do a Google search on "Lego Adder Subtractor" you'll get a dozen or
so alternative mechanisms.

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://www.sjbaker.org
       http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net