 Robotics / 17798
Re: Ben's Lego Creations need a home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 16:10:51 GMT

Hi,

i have done a mirror of your pages here : http://perso.legofr.org/benw/

i have a lot a of disk spare if you want to put some other things here.

best regards,

Ben Williamson wrote:
Hi folks,

I was quite active on this list in the early days, but haven't been
involved for some years.  This message concerns the future of the web
pages I put together back then to describe some robots I built:

http://www.pobox.com/~benw/lego/

At the end of June I plan to move home, change jobs (again) and
discontinue my use of the ISP service that currently hosts these pages.

There have been no changes to the content there for a long time, but I
still get emails from people enjoying the photos and asking for more
information.  I actually have a series of images that serve as
assembly instructions for the FetchBot, but have never had web space to
put them up.

If there is anyone out there who would like to see this material continue
to live on the web, and is willing to donate about 5 to 10MB of space, I'd
like to hear from you.  I don't need any login access, I'll just hand you
the files, with an added thankyou footnote/link to acknowledge the new
hosting.

If a new home can be found, I will configure pobox.com to redirect to it,
so the existing URL will continue to work indefinitely.  I'm not
cancelling my pobox.com service, just the ISP host it points to now.

I'd also like to say a big Hello! to any folks from my time who are still
active on this list; I always enjoy poking around the web finding new
things that people have built, so keep up the great creative work.

Play well!

- Ben.

P.S.  I'll try to check the web version occasionally, but responses
direct to me (or Cc) are welcome, as I'm not subscribed to the list.

Ben Williamson       benw@pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~benw