 Robotics / 1775
    RE: PipeXplorer —Tom Pierce
   (...) >> For a real life test I was thinking in making it climb my chimney... After all it's Christmas, isn't it? *<||:-) >> Anybody ever seen a similar project? Not the same concept, but similar in vertical movement... I made a 'spider bot' that (...) (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: PipeXplorer —Pete Hardie
   (...) Sounds cool. w/r/t detecting the grapple connecting, wouldn't just firing, then reeling in until a) end of line is detected (hook back in its socket) or b) robot moves (hook caught on something) work? (26 years ago, 23-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)