 Robotics / 17735
Re: USB Port problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:08:22 GMT

I have found (on laptops) if the machine goes into screen saver mode or a
sleep mode the USB connections will not work properly when "live" again.  I
find USB ports to be less than advertised when it comes to external devices.
--
Richard Clemens
WV Wesleyan College
clemens@wvwc.edu
http://faculty.wvwc.edu/clemens/

----- Original Message -----
From: <Ed.Dineen@us.pm.com>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 4:54 AM
Subject: USB Port problems

Has anyone had a problem with Vision Command and USB ports?

I have vision command installed on a Gateway PC running Win 98 SE. Vision
command installs correctly, the camera works for awhile then vision • command
hangs up.. The PC hangs up, camera wont respond with current images, just
keeps a still of prior image on the screen. I have to reboot to get it
running again.

Samre thing happens when I switch from the camera setup screen to the
challenges screen.

I am assuming that it is the USB port as I have eliminated just about • every
other cause.

Ed Dineen