 Robotics / 17621
    Re: Discontinuous motion. —Kevin L. Clague
   Steve, If the precision is due to the axe slipping while not being driven, you could consider using a pully off a micro-motor. It has a friction slip mechanism at one end, and an axle hole at the other. You could use the axle hole to stablize the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Discontinuous motion. —John Barnes
   I've uploaded a simple detent mechanism which can be used to stop shafts creeping round when they're not supposed to. The only drawback is it can get rather noisy :) (URL) black shape at the top is supposed to represent an official Lego rubber band. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Discontinuous motion. —Brian B. Alano
     I combined Robert Munafo's stepper motor ((URL) and Rob Limbaugh's partial rotation ((URL) to get a working prototype of a base 5 odometer. Hope to post a pic tomorrow. (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Discontinuous motion. —Brian B. Alano
     (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Discontinuous motion. - Geneva-like mechanism —Philippe Hurbain
   I too used a detent mechanism to stabilize this Geneva-like system as I couldn't find a way to achieve the original interlock. Photos and movie at (URL)I've uploaded a simple detent mechanism which can be used to stop shafts (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)